It consists of planning this event. Hopefully the loved one left some kind of wishes as to what kind of service, budget and products (s)he wanted.
- In ground burial or cremation?
- Open casket or closed?
- Religious service - at church and what Pastor, or not?
- A budget consisting of amount to spend on service, product (ie: casket, burial vault, flowers, clothes, obit, and wake, etc.) and cemetery plot, (where?) and headstone (type?).
- Guest list (with current phone numbers, address, contacts) and meal afterwords (or not.)
- Embalming or not? (It is not required in MOST states, unless the type of service is an open casket, or the body is being transported long distances, across state line, or the burial will be several days away. (The body can also be in a cooler unit if so.)
- There are options for the family to do the funeral themselves, in most states as well. They act as the funeral director and handle all that is needed (with proper permit and paperwork.)
If you wish more information on the subject of funerals,
Or if you need to purchase caskets or burial vaults, please call me,
CEO, Betty Brown, A Team Masters.
Visit our website for more information as well.